If you are having problems with Windows due to a configuration change or the installation of an incompatible application, going back to an earlier restore point may solve the problem. To do this:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Point your mouse cursor to All Programs.
3. Point the cursor to Accessories, then to System Tools.
4. Select System Restore.
5. Click Restore my computer to an earlier time.
6. Click Next.
7. In the displayed calendar, click an earlier date that is bolded, preferably the first date before the problem occurred.
8. Click a restore point on that day.
9. Click Next. Windows will request confirmation and warn that the system will restart during the process.
10. Click Next.
11. After the system restarts, log on to Windows. A Restoration Complete page will appear.
12. Click OK.